$1,395 (USD)Enroll Now
Hours to Complete Course : 75 Hours
Course Length : 6 Months
DOB Approved : No
Voucher Included : No
Average Salary : N/A
In the InfoSec world, security managers are the driving force behind an organization's cybersecurity policies. These key individuals typically started their IT careers in hands-on roles before earning their CISM certification and taking on managerial duties. If you're ready to earn your next IT certification, this online training course will fully prepare you for the ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification exam.
This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility. Proctor fees may apply, which are not included.
What you will learn
- Recognize the security role to manage and improve information security governance processes that support an information security strategy
- Interpret the methods to ensure the information security program provides benefits while supporting business operations
- Analyze the methods and strategies in classifying information assets to confirm protective measures are proportional to their business value
- Demonstrate the ability in accurately classifying and categorizing information security incidents to guarantee effective reactions
How you will benefit
- Build confidence toward successfully completing the certification exam
- Become recognized by ISACA, a global leader in certification, training, and career development
- Prove comprehensive information security knowledge to employers
- Information System Auditing Process
- Governance and Management of IT
- Information Systems Acquisition
- Information Systems Operations and Business Resilience
- Protection of Information Assets
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Management of Information Security
While there are no prerequisites to take this course, ISACA recommends at least five years of work experience in information security. The work experience must be gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification.
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
Can I register for a course if I am an international student?
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Does this course prepare for a certification?
This course will prepare you for the Certified Information System Manager (CISM) exam. Students enrolled in the "voucher included" option will also receive a prepaid voucher for the exam after successful completion of the course and financial obligation. Learn more about CISM certification requirements.
When can I start the course?
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
How long does it take to complete this course?
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
What if I don't have enough time to complete my course within the time frame provided?
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
What kind of support will I receive?
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
What happens when I complete the course?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Am I guaranteed a job?
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
Can I get financial assistance?
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
How can I get more information about this course?
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.