$2,895 (USD)Enroll Now
Hours to Complete Course : 100 Hours
Course Length : 6 Months
DOB Approved : No
Voucher Included : No
Average Salary : N/A
To mitigate cyber breaches, many organizations rely on network engineers who protect, detect and respond to the threats on their networks. This online course will prepare you for the Certified Network Defender (CND) exam, a credential that validates your ability to provide continuity of operations during attacks.
The course is ideal for network administrators looking to attain Defense-in-Depth network security preparedness. As a vendor-neutral certification training program, you will work through skills-based, lab-intensive modules based on a job-task analysis and cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE). You will also gain skills mapped to global CND responsibilities as well as the Department of Defense (DoD) job roles for system/network administrators.
The course also includes a voucher with enrollment, which covers the fee of the certifying exam upon eligibility. Scheduling and testing will be available through a remote proctor function.
What you will learn
- Understand fundamental networking concepts, analyze networking protocols and implement established standards to design a robust networking infrastructure
- Assess potential vulnerabilities and threats to network infrastructure, predict the implication of network security breaches and analyze the available countermeasures
- Examine different network security mechanisms, analyze available security controls and develop strategies to implement and configure these controls
- Understand the role of network security policies, and develop comprehensive policies that help in protecting network infrastructure
- Understand the working of various networking devices, and develop strategies for secure configuration of these devices
How you will benefit
- Exam Eligibility for Certified Network Defender (CND) Exam Number 312-38 with example CND questions
- Obtain the technical depth required to actively design a secure network
- Understand how networks operate, what software is automating and how to analyze the subject material
- Gain the ability to design greater network security policies and successful incident response plans
- Learn skills that foster resiliency and continuity of operations during attacks
- Become a Certified Network Defender (CND)
- Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals
- Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attack Section title
- Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Device
- Network Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Physical Security
- Host Security
- Secure Firewall Configuration and Management
- Secure IDS Configuration and Management
- Secure VPN Configuration and Management
- Wireless Network Defense
- Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
- Data Backup and Recovery
- Network Incident Response and Management
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. The materials are non-refundable upon registration.
There are no mandatory prerequisites prior to taking this Certified Network Defender (CND) training. However, students should have an understanding of basic networking fundamentals and terminology.
Eric Reed has over 15 years of experience in IT consulting. He has consulted and delivered certification and customized training to the U.S. military, and for many Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies. Eric has delivered CEH, CHFI, and ECSA/LPT for the last ten years and was named "EC-Council Instructor of the Year" seven times, as well as being the recipient of the Circle of Excellence Award in 2006, 2007, and 2010. Eric holds many industry certifications, including EC-Council's CND, CNDA, CHFI, ECSA, CEH, and LPT.
Can I register for a course if I am an international student?
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Does this course prepare for a certification?
Yes. Students will be prepared for the Certified Network Defender (CND) exam, and you will receive an exam voucher after the successful completion of the course and financial obligation.
When can I start the course?
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
How long does it take to complete this course?
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
What if I don't have enough time to complete my course within the time frame provided?
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
What kind of support will I receive?
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
What happens when I complete the course?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Am I guaranteed a job?
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
Can I get financial assistance?
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
How can I get more information about this course?
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.