$1,495 (USD)Enroll Now
Hours to Complete Course : 100 Hours
Course Length : 6 Months
DOB Approved : No
Voucher Included : No
Average Salary : N/A
Project management skills are needed in almost every field and can separate you from the rest of the workforce. Even the smallest projects can benefit from project management processes. Well-run projects save time and ensure continued focus on company goals. In this course, you will be taught project management techniques and prepare you to take the CompTIA Project+ certification exam. This certification validates project management skills to employers, both inside and outside the IT profession. The CompTIA Project+ certification also validates the communication and business skills you need to lead projects with confidence, complete projects on time and make sure you stay within budget. This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
What you will learn
- Improve your business and communication skills to help you convey project goals and objectives, in a clear and compelling manner
- Learn project leadership skills to influence decision and impact choices, on immediate and long-term directions
- Gain project management skills to effectively prioritize work, anticipate consequences of actions, potential problems, opportunities for change, and set and meet realistic deadlines.
- Time management skills
- Earn a CompTIA Project+ certification you can list on your resume, after passing CompTIA Project+ exam
- The Project+ certification does not need to be renewed
How you will benefit
- Utilize the skills required to plan and manage a small-to-medium-size project through to successful completion
- Gain knowledge to manage the project life cycle, manage resources and stakeholders, and appropriate communication
- Create, write, and maintain project documentation to support the completion of larger projects
- Identify the basic aspects of the Agile methodology
- Project Team Basics
- Creating the Project and Work
- Scheduling and Resources
- Budgets, Risks, and Communication
- Change Requests, Project Tools, and Completing the Project
- Final Exam and Completion Steps
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. CompTIA recommends at least 12 months of cumulative project management experience or equivalent education for the vendor exam.
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
Can I register for a course if I am an international student?
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Does this course prepare for a certification?
Yes, CompTIA IT Fundamentals, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network, CompTIA Security+.
Which version of the Exam does the course prepare?
The CompTIA Certification exams typically update every few years. Please check with an Enrollment Representative to confirm the version listed in the description is current or if a new version is upcoming.
When can I start the course?
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
How long does it take to complete this course?
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive twelve (12) months to complete the course.
What if I don't have enough time to complete my course within the time frame provided?
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
What kind of support will I receive?
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
What happens when I complete the course?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Am I guaranteed a job?
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
Can I get financial assistance?
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. To learn more about financial assistance.
How can I get more information about this course?
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.