$3,495 (USD)Enroll Now
Hours to Complete Course : 480 Hours
Course Length : 12 Months
DOB Approved : No
Voucher Included : No
Average Salary : N/A
An important way you can demonstrate your knowledge and skillset to potential employers in information technology is through CompTIA certifications. The A+, Network+, and Security+ credentials are the best CompTIA certifications to have in order to jumpstart or advance your IT career. If you're interested in the often flexible and well-paid opportunities of IT and cyber security jobs, get started today with CompTIA certification training.
This course will prepare you for three CompTIA IT certifications that are ideal for entry-level and mid-level professionals: A+, Network+ and Security+. The CompTIA certifications are the most-recognized, vendor-neutral credentials in the industry, and will assure employers that you have the skills they need.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be prepared to sit for the following exams: CompTIA A+ Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002, CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-007, and CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-601. This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers. The vouchers are prepaid access to sit for the certifying exams upon eligibility. *Note: Students enrolling in the course will need to sit for N10-007 by June 2022 due to the exam retirement.
At the end of this CompTIA training, you'll also be proficient in basic cyber security concepts such as attacks and mitigation, security applications, risk assessment, disaster recovery and incident response, cloud computing, mobile devices, BYOD and SCADA, in addition to vulnerability assessment.
What you will learn
- Learn the fundamentals of IT
- Discover how to build and manage a data network
- Understand how to troubleshoot networking issues
- Learn about routing and switching, risk assessment, and data recovery
- Practice concepts that will enable you to prepare for CompTIA™ A+, Security+ and Network+ certifications
How you will benefit
- Prepare yourself for CompTIA™ A+, Security+ and Network+ certifications
- Jumpstart your career in Information Technology by gaining knowledge and certifications that will enhance your resume and set you apart from other applicants
- Gain experience that will be invaluable if you choose to pursue a career as an IT specialist, tech support administrator, network installer, security consultant, or network administrator
- CompTIA™ A+ 220-1001
- Hardware Part II
- Mobile and More
- CompTIA™ A+ 220-1002
- Mac & Linux
- CompTIA™ Network+ N10-007
- Foundations of Networking and Infrastructure
- Addressing, Protocols, and Routing
- Cabling and Wireless Networking
- Virtualization and the Cloud, Subnets, and VLANs
- Risk Management and Security
- Network Performance and WANs
- CompTIA™ Security+ SY0-501
- Security Attacks and Cryptography
- Security and Networking
- Securing Networks and Clients
- Mobile Security and Access Management
- Business Continuity and Risk Mitigation
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device. The Online Lab System is compatible with PC and Mac computers as well. You will be provided detailed instructions for setting-up a home virtual lab system.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- A+ Guide to IT Technical Support
- CompTIA Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals
- Network+ Guide to Networks
Although there are no prerequisites to enroll in the course, CompTIA recommends having up to 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field before taking the A+ and Network+ certification exams. Two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus are recommended for the Security+ exam.
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
Can I register for a course if I am an international student?
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Does this course prepare me for a certification?
Yes, you will be prepared for the 200-301 CCNA – Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) Exam.
When can I start the course?
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
How long does it take to complete this course?
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
What if I don't have enough time to complete my course within the time frame provided?
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
What kind of support will I receive?
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
What happens when I complete the course?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion. You will also receive an exam voucher if you selected the voucher included version course for the 200-301 CCNA certifying exam once you've met your financial obligation and completed all coursework.
Am I guaranteed a job?
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
Can I get financial assistance?
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
How can I get more information about this course?
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.