Develop Your Cyber Skills Through Our Programs
We provide cybersecurity education to learners of all ages, both technical and non-technical. Young learners can start with our STEM Summer Camps and progress to our Dual Enrollment offerings for high school students. Individuals looking to train for a career in cybersecurity can explore certificate and degree programs, while those already in the field can build their current skill set through professional development and upskilling. Businesses of all sizes can benefit from our security awareness training and learn best practices in computer and network security.
Spotlight: Early College Programs for High School Students
March 2023 – Early College Programs for High School Students
Cybersecurity is a need throughout the nation and world that is growing at a rapid rate. CyberMontana is excited to walk with High School students as they start to develop what their passions are and what paths those passions will lead. High School is a perfect time to start looking at and thinking about the future, setting yourself up for success.
CyberMontana currently offers two opportunities for high school students to learn about and grow in cybersecurity.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity (ITS 191) provides an online, asynchronous early college option for high school students to explore cybersecurity topics and will be introduced to cybercrime, security principles, technologies, and procedures to defend their networks. Students earn 2 University of Montana Credits.
- The Cybersecurity Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS) provides students with an entry-level credential that upon successful completion of this program sets students up to be prepared for entry-level cybersecurity positions. Students are also able to continue their education by completing an Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology. This program is a set of 4 courses (12 University of Montana credits).
Both ITS 191 and the Cybersecurity CTS are part of the 1-2-Free program. For more information on the courses, visit our K-12 information page or contact Kristal Crowley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
K-12 Cyber Education
No age is too young to start learning more about cybersecurity. Summer Cyber STEM camps for middle school students are held throughout the state, using hands-on activities to investigate topics like cryptography, password cracking, and geotagging.
Early College courses give juniors and seniors the opportunity to learn the basics of cybersecurity or to earn a Certificate of Technical Studies in Cybersecurity while completing their high school studies. We offer fully online courses that are eligible for Montana's One Two Free program.
Start Your Cyber Career
1-Year, 2-Year, and Additional CTS Programs
Traditionally-paced coursework can lead to a 1-year Certificate of Applied Science in Computer Support, a 2-year Associate of Applied Science degree in Information Technology and Network Security as well as a CTS in Cloud Computing or Cybersecurity.
Our jump-start Cyber Rapid Training CTS Program (CTS) in Cybersecurity is an online, 12-credit, 12-15 week program that prepares students for an entry-level position as a network administrator or computer systems analyst. Completers are prepared for the CompTIA Security+ and Network+ certification exams which align with the U.S. Department of Defense-approved credentials for cybersecurity-related positions.
Cyber Workforce DevelopmentAre you looking to build on your existing cybersecurity knowledge base? We have programs to help you grow!Through our education partnerships, CyberMontana offers over 1,900 training modules/courses/hands-on labs/assessments covering 90+ IT/Cyber topics, such as:
- Cyber Defense Infrastructure
- Cloud Administration
- Intrusion Detection
- Digital Forensics
- Penetration Testing
- PCI DSS Compliance
Workforce Development Training Options
Multiple certification preparation options are available, including:
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Montana Cyber Range exercises
- Modular training
Security Awareness Training
Protect Your BusinessCan you spot a phishing email?Do you use the same password everywhere?Do you use public wi-fi networks?Consider security awareness training for you and your employees.Almost 90% of data breaches are caused by human error*; the human factor is the weakest link. Security-aware employees are a primary line of defense in our interconnected world. We offer ongoing, focused training in cyber vigilance tailored to both employees & employers to help you establish best practices in security awareness.Our monthly, on-demand cyber security trainings address pertinent topics including:
- Securely managing your business devices including phones, laptops, and tablets
- Implementing proven safeguards in a work-from-home environment
- Improving your company's security of data and password information
Ongoing training can with pre-and post-training assessments can decrease human-triggered cybersecurity events and assist in meeting cyber liability insurance requirements.
Sign Up for Our Cyber Awareness Training Today →