$1,495 (USD)Enroll Now
Hours to Complete Course : 75 Hours
Course Length : 6 Months
DOB Approved : No
Voucher Included : No
Average Salary : N/A
The best time to pursue CompTIA Cloud+ training is right now. Cloud computing is a growing field as experts create innovative ways to store, manage, access, and protect some of the world's most important data. The global cloud computing market is projected to reach $270 billion by 2020. This impressive industry growth is increasing the demand for professionals with cloud computing skills. This online course is designed for individuals who are just starting out in information technology.
Curious how difficult the course is? It's actually ideal for those who have limited experience. You'll learn everything you need to pass the certification exam and pursue a career in cloud computing, starting with the basics of cloud service environments. This course covers key concepts and skills, including virtualization, infrastructure, troubleshooting, resource management, security, systems management, and business continuity.
Incorporating visual, auditory, and hands-on learning, the course is aligned with the highly regarded CompTIA Cloud+ certification. It includes applied learning activities to ensure you gain a working knowledge of the concepts taught, as well as the ability to implement them in real-life situations. After completing the course, you will be prepared for the CompTIA™ Cloud+ CV0-002 Certification designation. *Note: Students enrolling in the course will need to sit for Cv0-002 by January 7, 2022 due to the exam retirement.
This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.
What you will learn
- A solid foundation in key cloud concepts, models, and computing skills
- How to implement and maintain virtualization, infrastructure, troubleshooting, resource management, security, systems management, and business continuity
- How to assess and establish network and storage security concepts and best practices in cloud environments
- How to diagnose and optimize cloud computing performance
- How to deploy and maintain hardware resources and enable virtual environments
How you will benefit
- Lay a foundation for your career as a cloud computing specialist, cloud support technician, cloud consultant, or cloud support associate
- Get a strong start on your CompTIA Cloud+ certification path and prepare for the exam
- Complete the course in a way that's best for you, as it caters to a variety of learning styles by incorporating visual, auditory, and hands-on learning
- Gain confidence in your new skills through real-life application activities and hands-on labs
- Cloud Concepts and Models
- Contrasting Cloud Services
- Contrasting Cloud Delivery Models
- Cloud Characteristics and Terms
- Object Storage Concepts
- Differences in Hypervisor Roles
- Install, Configure, and Manage Virtual Machines and Devices
- Virtual Resource Migration
- Benefits of Virtualization in a Cloud Environment
- Virtual Components Used to Construct Cloud Environments
- Storage Technologies
- Storage Configuration Concepts
- Storage Provisioning
- Network Configuration
- Network Optimization
- Troubleshooting Basic Network Connectivity Issues
- Common Network Protocols, Ports, and Topologies
- Hardware Resources and Features Used to Enable Virtual Environments
- Resource Management
- Resource Monitoring Techniques
- Best Practice for Appropriate Allocation of Physical Host Resources
- Best Practice for Appropriate Allocation of Virtual Guest Resources
- Appropriate Remote Access Tools
- Network Security Concepts, Tools and Best Practices
- Storage Security Concepts, Tools and Best Practices
- Encryption Technologies and Methods
- Identifying Access Control Methods
- Implementing Guest and Host Hardening Techniques
- Systems Management
- Policies and Procedures in a Cloud Environment
- Diagnose Remediate, and Optimize Physical Host Performance
- Host and Guest Performance Concepts
- Implement Appropriate Testing Techniques when Deploying Cloud Services
- Business Continuity in the Cloud
- Disaster Recovery Methods and Concepts
- Deploying Solutions to Meet Availability Requirements
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA Cloud+ Study Guide
CompTIA™ A+ and CompTIA™ Network+ certifications, or comparable training, or equivalent industry experience is strongly recommended prior to taking this course.
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
Can I register for a course if I am an international student?
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Does this course prepare for a certification?
Yes. The CompTIA Online Training courses give you the training for the exam. Once you complete your online course work, you can move forward to take the certification exam. CompTIA certification testing is administered by third-party vendors such as Prometric and Virtual University Enterprises (VUE), two leading providers of technology-based testing. Both offer a network of computer-based testing centers with thousands of locations worldwide.
Which version of the Exam does the course prepare?
The CompTIA Certification exams typically update every few years. Please check with an Enrollment Representative to confirm the version listed in the description is current or if a new version is upcoming.
When can I start the course?
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
How long does it take to complete this course?
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
What if I don't have enough time to complete my course within the time frame provided?
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
What kind of support will I receive?
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
What happens when I complete the course?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion. You will also receive a voucher for the CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-001 certification exam.
Am I guaranteed a job?
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
Can I get financial assistance?
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
How can I get more information about this course?
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.