$1,495 (USD)Enroll Now
Hours to Complete Course : 120 Hours
Course Length : 6 Months
DOB Approved : No
Voucher Included : No
Average Salary : N/A
The computer support industry is one of the fastest-growing fields, and there is every indication that this growth will continue. This course uniquely prepares you to work as a support specialist by focusing on the business needs of the customer, establishing credibility and trust, and handling the most difficult customer scenarios.
You'll learn about problem solving and troubleshooting, team dynamics, and interpersonal communication skills. You'll also get a broad overview of the back-office operations of a support center, and the common industry tools and technologies used in providing exceptional customer support.
This course also prepares for the Support Performance Tier-1 Support Specialist (SPC-T1SS) Certification exam at no additional cost, which is an organizational certification through SCInc., not an industry certification.
What you will learn
- Improve support-center productivity
- Provide exceptional customer support
- Handle difficult customer situations
- Exhibit assertive confidence while reducing job stress
How you will benefit
- Understand how to make any customer interaction positive and effective
- Learn problem solving techniques that can be implemented while working
- Assess your role in the industry and future opportunities for advancement
- Essential Communication Skills
- Introduction to the Support Industry
- Understanding Customer Satisfaction
- Telephone Communication Skills
- The Call-Handling Process
- Dealing With Difficult Customer-Service Situations
- Developing and Practicing Assertiveness in Customer Support
- Human Resource Issues in the Support Environment
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Team Building Practices, Principles and Issues
- Tools, Problem Solving, and Processes
- Staying Current in the Industry
- Tools and Technologies for the Support Center
- Overview of Network Administration
- Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Understanding Computer Telephony Integration
- Creativity and Problem Solving
- The Five-Step Problem-solving Process
- Support Processes and Process Integration
- Certification Qualifying Exam
- Exam Preparation
- Qualifying Exam
- Performance Outcomes Assignment
- Competency Development Using T1SS Competency Model
- Scheduled Iterative Performance Evaluations
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Windows Media Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course, although six months of support industry experience is recommended.
Eric Svendsen, Ph.D., is CEO of SCInc. He developed seminars and course materials for the first industry-accredited help desk certification. He has also consulting for hundreds of organizations. Svendsen is the author of several books, including "Presentation Skills and Accelerated Learning Techniques for Computer Trainers" and he regularly contributes to industry publications like Support Solutions magazine and LifeRaft magazine. More recently, he contributed to "A Guide to Computer User Support for Help Desk and Support Specialists, Third Edition."
Can I register for a course if I am an international student?
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Does this course prepare for a certification?
Yes, it prepares you for the Support Performance Tier-1 Support Specialist (SPC-T1SS) Certification exam at no additional cost, which is an organizational certification through SCInc., not an industry certification.
When can I start the course?
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
How long does it take to complete this course?
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
What if I don't have enough time to complete my course within the time frame provided?
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
What kind of support will I receive?
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
What happens when I complete the course?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion. Students will also have the option to sit for the Support Performance Tier-1 Support Specialist (SPC-T1SS) certfication exam at no additional cost
Am I guaranteed a job?
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
Can I get financial assistance?
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
How can I get more information about this course?
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.